Manasi Mukherjee has completed her Ph.D. in January, 2019 from Vidyasagar University, Midnapore on the topic of Microplankton Dynamics and their usage in Fishes of Chilika. Before that she completed her M. Sc. and B. Sc. in Zoology from the University of Calcutta. During her Ph.D. work, she was with Central Inland Fisheries Research Institute from 2011 to 2017 as a Senior Research Fellow. She did her postdoctoral work as a Volunteer Researcher in Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Wroclaw , Poland from October 2018 to April, 2019. She has published 17 Journals and 3 Conference articles. Her research interest includes Plankton Dynamics, Ecology, Taxonomy, Limnology and Fish Population Dynamics.
Plankton Dynamics, Ecology, Taxonomy, Limnology, Fish Population Dynamics.
Plankton diversity study Plankton taxonomy; Community structure and dynamics;
Fish and Fisheries
- Department of Aquaculture and Management Technology, Vidyasagar University, 2019
- Thesis Title: Community Structure and Dynamics of Microplankton and Their Role as Food Source to Fishes in Chilika Lagoon
- Thesis Advisers: Dr. V. R. Suresh and Dr. Manoj Kumar Pati
- Department of Zoology, University of Calcutta, 2009;
- Dissertation Title: Zooplankton and Their Uses in Aquaculture
- Adviser: Prof. Samir Banerjee & Prof. Sumit Homechaudhury
- Department of Zoology, Surendranath College (under University of Calcutta), 2007;
- 1st Rank holder of the college and 20th of the University (In Zoology)